We announced the eminent arrival of the Touratech and Rev’It Adventure riding suit in the summer of 2020. It’s taking awhile, but the purpose-built, Companero Rambler is finally available in the USA and we couldn’t be more excited! It combines the highest levels of armor protection and GORE-TEX ProShell water-proof comfort while keeping you cool with high-flow ventilation.
There are three things a riding suit needs to do well for adventure riding: Keep you protected from impacts, keep you dry in bad weather, and provide cooling air-flow when the weather gets warm or the riding gets challenging. The Companero Rambler pant is best-in-class in all three areas. It also has well-designed pockets to accommodate wallet, keys, phone, and more.
SUPERB AIRFLOW –
Pants: Next-level cooling is provided with the REV’IT VCS (Ventilation Control System) which includes large airflow openings for direct cooling of the upper legs. The flaps are held open, flutter-free, by FIDLOCK magnetic closures that can be operated with one hand. When closed, the AQUADEFENSE system keeps the leg vents 100% wind and waterproof! All VCS vents are backed with Aero-Cool 3D BALLISTIC MESH fabric.
VCS (Ventilation Control System) Overview
- 2 Large VCS AquaDefense ventilation flaps on the upper legs
Jacket: REV’IT VCS (Ventilation Control System) which includes the innovative double chest zipper that creates a 3 cm (1.2 inch) wide vent running the entire length of the jacket, delivering a huge volume of air to the upper body. The second zip ensures that the jacket remains securely closed while still allowing airflow through the mesh ventilation panel. The outer zipper can be closed to guarantee the jacket is fully wind and waterproof! The amount of airflow can be controlled by adjusting the height of the outer zipper.
Additional VCS cooling airflow is provided through 2 vents on the upper arms, 2 large 3D vents on the chest, and 2 exhaust vents on the back of the jacket. The chest vents have a flap that can be opened to create large airflow openings for direct cooling of the body. The flaps are held open, flutter-free, by FIDLOCK magnetic closures that can be operated with one hand. When closed, the AQUADEFENSE system keeps the chest vent 100% wind and waterproof! All VCS vents are backed with Aero-Cool 3D BALLISTIC MESH fabric.
VCS (Ventilation Control System) Overview
- 1 Double-zipper vent (35 square inches) of airflow through three-dimensional ballistic mesh.
- 2 Large chest vents with VCS AquaDefense ventilation flaps on the chest (ladies via ventilation zip)
- 2 Arm vents with zipper closures located on the upper arm
- 2 Exhaust vents, with zipper closure, are located on the back maximizing the VCS cooling system
ARMOR PROTECTION – The Touratech Compañero Rambler has a comprehensive set of high-tech armor providing protection to the back, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. These protectors are located in places to maximize protection even with the vents fully open. Elbow and knee protectors have adjustable heights to fit a wide range of body types. The back protector is in a pocket made of open-pored 3D mesh to improve breathability and ventilation. All armor is tested and meets the safety standards for CE certification.
- Shoulder, Elbow, and knee pads are crafted from SEEFLEX, a modern material and innovative design that provides flexibility and breathability while meeting the highest CE level 2 standards for protection.
- A large back protector of SEESOFT, a high-impact blend of multi-layer nitrile polymers and polynorbene rubber, provides a flexible back without sacrificing comfort, ventilation, or freedom of movement. Impact energy is distributed by deformation of the individual layers of memory foam, which minimizes the impact of force on the back and spine meeting CE level 2 standards for protection.
- Hip protection created with flexible SEESMART pads which expand in the event of an impact, absorbing the energy through the many hexagonal nubs.
- Optional chest protection available in SEESOFT, a high-impact blend of multi-layer nitrile polymers that are flexible for comfort, while providing ventilation or freedom of movement.
WATERPROOF DURABILITY – GORE-TEX Pro 3-layer laminate is used extensively in the Compañero Rambler, with double layers in key areas and abrasion-resistant ARMACOR material reinforced with KEVLAR threads for added protection. The pant also features 3M SCOTCHLITE reflective material for improved visibility in low light conditions.
- GORE-TEX® Pro 3-layer laminate waterproof protection
- ARMACOR® with KEVLAR® in high wear areas
- YKK® zips for an absolute waterproof seal
- FIDLOCK® magnetic closures for one hand operation
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective material for visibility and safety in low-light conditions
ERGONOMICS AND FIT –
PANTS– A European cut favors a snug fit and minimizes extra material to keep the suit as light as possible. Stretch zones at the knees, waist and buttocks ensure a comfortable fit and freedom of movement. Compression straps provide adjustment of the trousers at the waist and have hidden loops for attaching suspenders. The Rambler pant has a removable thermal liner for warmth on cold days. Better feel and control with a good connection to the bike is provided by a leather panel on the inner leg that extends above the knee and the ARMACOR reinforced seat area with anti-slip trimmings. Two connecting zips each on both jacket and trousers enable a secure connection and can be used with a large number of REV’IT! products. Two pockets help manage wallet, keys, phone, snacks and other essentials with easy access and secure waterproof storage.
- 2 x waterproof zipper pockets on the pant
ERGONOMICS AND FIT –
JACKET – A European cut favors a snug fit and minimizes extra material to keep the suit as light as possible. Adjustable compression straps at the chest, back, calf and forearm can be cinched down for slipping cleanly through the wind. The zips at the jacket hem allow stretch zones for maximum freedom of movement and comfort. The integrated, detachable kidney belt with a small zipped pocket stabilizes and supports the lower back and provides a secure place for credit cards or small change, and it can be stored invisibly in the lining of the jacket when not in use.
STORM COLLAR – The high-cut, adjustable, fully removable, or foldable storm collar with GORE-TEX Pro 3-layer laminate is 100% windproof and waterproof. The chin area is made of soft, skin-friendly neoprene.
CONVENIENT POCKETS – Plenty of pockets help manage wallet, keys, phone, snacks, and other essentials with easy access and secure waterproof storage.
- 2 x jacket outer pockets (waterproof) with zips
- 1 x large pocket on the back of the jacket (waterproof) with zip
- 2 x jacket inner pockets with zip
- 2 x credit card pockets inside jacket
- 1 x pocket in kidney belt with zip
- 3 x pockets in the leisure jacket with zip